Monday 25 April 2011

Mental Health

Priorities and how I can't organise them.

I can work really hard to keep the house clean and tidy, so that I don’t feel overwhelmed by clutter and thus don’t go loopy.

I can go to bed early enough that I get enough sleep that even with baby interrupts I’m not extremely tired and going loopy.

I can grab the moments during the day and after the kids go to bed to get time for myself so I don’t go loopy.

I can sit on the floor and play with my daughters and nurse my 2nd daughter to sleep so I feel like a great mum and don’t get that guilty feeling of being a loopy mum who can’t look after her own children.

But guess what I can’t do all of the above and I struggle to do even two of them at the same time which always leaves one way I’m going loopy.

And sitting on the couch feeding or holding a sleeping baby who will wake up if I put her in her cot (because maybe she’s teething, or sick or just needy, who really knows) does not count as time for myself. Yes I’m watching tv, yes I love that bonding time with my daughter, but it does not count towards the time for myself I need to maintain my mental health.

I feel so selfish and un mum like to need that time, but without it I really do go loopy and my daughters lose because of it.

So does anyone else get where I’m coming from, or is it just me. I know there are people out there with bigger issues, but sometimes I really feel that I’m drowning at the moment and as I fix one problem, like lack of sleep another rises such as the lack of me time.

No comments:

Post a Comment